I spent quite awhile this week trying to debug the linear wave initial conditions to get rid of the oscillation to no avail. Since the initialization from the vector potential is only required for off axis waves and those aren’t required to prove correctness I’m initializing the magnetic field directly for now and just limiting it to on axis waves only. The fixes are added to my PPM PR, PR #300.
I started on making figures this week and edited the methods section to reword if from a blog post to a scientific paper. I also set up some tools to automatically link to the version of the python script used to generate a figure with the LaTeX paper.