I ended up spending most of this week trying to get the automated HIP/ROCm builds to work on GitHub Actions. The latest release of ROCm (v5.2.1) seems to have broken some significant backwards compatibility and I haven’t been able to get Cholla to find the HIPFFT library no matter what I do. I still don’t have a fix for this but I’ve brought it up with our AMD rep.
I spent some time digging into C++ style guides, conventions, and enforcement of them. It looks like a combination of
clang-tidy will do the job but we still need to discuss it as a group more.
I got set up on the various compute systems required for ATPESC.