This week has mostly been a discussion of various statistics for finding distribution centers and spreads.
Finished debugging the HLLD solver. I didn’t find any bugs to explain the current issues so I moved on to the VL+CT integrator and found a sign error in the conservative update for the magnetic field in the \( y \) direction. That changed the output but there are still significant errors that are likely in the velocity/momentum calculations and maybe in the boundary conditions. The current results of the Brio & Wu shocktube are below,
- Presented on Revealing the physical properties of gas accreting to haloes in the EAGLE simulations by Wight et al. in astrocoffee.