I finally got GoogleTest to build and link properly on all the different machines after running down some module and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH issues on CRC systems. So I started looking into full automated testing. GitHub Actions with a self hosted runner on a public repo is a security nightmare I discovered. After discussing it with the CRC for a bit they said that they’re looking into adding CI runners as a service they offer so I will wait until I hear back from them. In the meantime I set up a GitHub Actions matrix job that builds Cholla with all the different make types and with both HIP and CUDA. As part of this I refactored the script that runs tests to play more nicely with a CI pipeline.