Home
Robert 'Bob' Caddy
Cancel

HLLD Prep

HLLD Prep My first project this week was to get correct data from an HLLD solver. After extracting the HLLD solver from Athena last week I ran some shock tubes using Athena++, plotted the results ...

Particle Debugging & MHD Prep

Particle System Tests I finished hunting (I hope) all the particle related bugs in the system test runner class and found some bugs with how particle IDs are currently implemented in Cholla. So I ...

MHD Riemann Problems

I’ll be using a selection of MHD Riemann Problems and shock tubes to test my HLLD and overall MHD implementation so I wanted to gather some of the basics here. This post was originally written with...

Particle Debugging

Particle System Tests After some more work I discovered that particle IDs are only supported on CPUs currently. I’m waiting for the GPU implementation which should be done next week. In the meanti...

Particle System Tests

Particle System Tests This week I planned to add support for particles to the system test function and I got most of the way there before running into some snags. I was initially using disk initial...

MPI System Tests

MPI System Tests This week I added support for MPI system tests. The SystemTestRunner class now can read in an arbitrary number of HDF5 files from Cholla, concatenated one dataset at a time, and co...

Automated Testing Groundwork

Automated Testing I finally got GoogleTest to build and link properly on all the different machines after running down some module and LD_LIBRARY_PATH issues on CRC systems. So I started looking i...

System Test Refactor

Testing After getting feedback on the testing system last week I refactored the entire system testing function into a class with substantially expanded functionality. This was really helpful and ma...

Testing Documentation

Testing I spent about half of this week writing, editing, and workshopping the documentation for Cholla’s new testing system. Along the way I found a few small errors, mostly unclear naming, in the...

System Test Pathing & Prep for Beta Release

Testing Removed the old regression test Integrated Googletest linking into the make host files The main thing I did though was improve pathing on the system test function and finalize the be...